Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 2 limes, juice of
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
• 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped*
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
• 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
*Weight after shrimp has been peeled.