• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
• 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, finger grated
• 1 Tablespoon. ground coriander
• 1-1/2 teaspoon. ground cumin
• ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
• ½ teaspoon. cayenne
• 1 Tablespoon. tomato paste
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup light coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Salt and Pepper
• 1 cauliflower or broccoli head, chopped into florets
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced or 6 red potatoes,diced
• 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 4 cups (handfuls) spinach, light packed
• 1.whole lime, juiced and zested
• 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
• Basmati rice for serving
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and stir/cook, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne; stir for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and stir until even distributed throughout the spices, about 1 minute.
2. Add the broth, coconut milk, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low or low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, and peas. Raise the heat to medium high and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Stir in the spinach, lime juice, and zest; cook until the spinach has wilted, about 3 minutes more. Season to taste with salt. Serve garnished with the cilantro.
5. Add 2 heaping handfuls of spinach and cook for 2 minutes until the spinach turns bright green. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.