- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp, plus 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow onion
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups halved, mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 tilapia filets, boneless, skinless, about 3-4 oz each
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 small lemon
- Place bulgur, vegatable stock, onions, 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Turn to low and cook for 9 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 TBS of olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Season tilapia filets with salt and pepper. Add cherry tomatoes to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add fish and cook about 1-2 minutes per side or until slightly firm and no longer translucent.
- Add balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped basil and butter. Cook until tomatoes have slightly softened.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Season with additional salt and pepper and garnish with remaining basil leaves.
- Serve over bulgur.