Sweet Potato And Peanut Soup
Healthy and delicious sweet potato soup recipe with peanuts and coconut. Gluten-free and dairy free. Serve with brown jasmine rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium onions diced, about 3 cups
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth, such as Imagine No Chicken
- 907 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 to 2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (360 grams) can “lite” coconut milk
- ¾ cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Chopped coriander, chopped peanuts and Sriracha for garnish
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often until the onion is starting to soften and brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add celery, broth, sweet potato and salt, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, removing lid to stir occasionally, until the potatoes are very soft and fall apart when tested with a fork or tongs, about 15 minutes.
- Puree about half of the soup in a blender in two batches and add back to the pot. Puree the coconut milk and peanuts in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir the coconut mixture and the lime juice into the soup. Gently stir over low heat to warm through. Do not boil. Serve garnished with coriander, chopped peanuts and Sriracha to taste.