FOR THE PALEO MEATBALLS
- 1 lbs ground beef or chicken (90- 95% Lean)
- 2 tbsp or more Sriracha or paleo sriacha See note for whole 30 option
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 2 tbsp tapioca or potato starch (arrowroot starch works too)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 whisked egg
- Garnishes – cilantro, chili pepper, optional coconut sugar to top.
FOR THE SWEET AND SPICY SRIRACHA SAUCE
- 1/4 cup diced onion or shallot
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (drained excess water if used canned)
- 1/2 cup natural ketchup
- 3-4 tbsp Sriracha ( more the spicer)
- crushed pineapple (about 1/2 cup drained to mix into the sauce)
- 5 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes (to make spicier add more)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place all your meatballs ingredients (whisked egg last) in a large bowl. Using a hands or a mixer, mix all ingredients until combined. I find a stand mixer works best.
- Next Roll meat batter into balls (a little larger size than a golf ball)
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F for 12-14 minutes or until they are firm and slightly cooked/browned.
- While the meatballs are baking, blend up your your sweet and spicy Sriracha sauce.
- Blend together all ingredients listed in the sauce. Best to use a hand held blender, food processor, or blender,. Then pour the sweet and spicy sauce in medium pan.
- Bring to a soft boil then reduce.
- Place your baked meatballs in sauce. Add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (drained if canned).
- Simmer for 10 -15 minutes coating all the meatballs evenly.
- Once cooked, remove and Garnish with extra cilantro, chili pepper flakes, and optional sprinkle of coconut sugar to top.
If not serving right away, keep in sealed container in fridge or freeze for later.