- 5 oz / 142 grams spinach (one clamshell of baby spinach)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, grind and pith removed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- 4 cups cold water
- 400 grams raw prawns or shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and reduce heat. Cook, undisturbed for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile,place spinach, basil, pin nuts, garlic clove, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 lemon (with grind and pith removed), and 1/4 tsp sea salt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over cooked couscous and mix until fully coated.
- In a medium bowl, toss together prawns, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. Heat a large skillet to medium-high and cooked prawns until pink, turning once. About 6-7 minutes total.
- Top pesto couscous with prawns and serve.