- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts or mix of both
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped ginger OR 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce and vinegar. Add ginger, garlic, onion and pepper. Whisk well. Pour the mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When done, DO NOT turn off the slow cooker. Shred chicken with two forks.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with cold water. Add to slow cooker and stir. Let cook for 10 minutes and stir again. The mixture should thicken.
- Serve over rice with a side of steamed vegetables.