- 4 small, thin zucchini
- 1lb jumbo prawns (16/20 count,) peeled and deveined
- salt, garlic salt, and pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Spiralize zucchini using the fattest noodle blade then add to a colander set atop a bowl. Lightly salt the zoodles, toss with your fingers to coat, then cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to one hour to drain. Pat or gently squeeze excess liquid from the zucchini with paper towels or a kitchen towel then set aside.
- Pat prawns very dry between paper towels then season both sides with garlic salt and pepper. Heat 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large, 12”+ skillet over heat that’s just a touch above medium then add half the prawns and saute for 2 minutes a side, or until cooked through. When prawns have 30 seconds left to cook, drizzle in a little lemon juice then remove prawns to a plate once the lemon juice has evaporated. Heat remaining 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in the skillet then saute remaining prawns, repeating the lemon juice step at the end.
- Melt butter in the skillet then add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add zoodles then turn heat up slightly and saute until crisp tender, 3-4 minutes. Add a drizzle of lemon juice, the capers, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste, then toss to combine. Plate then top with cooked shrimp and serve.