Sesame Chicken Wonton Cups
To make ahead: Can be prepared through step 3 up to 6 hours in advance.
- 226 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers, about 6 oz.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil and/or coriander
- black sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Place chicken breast in a medium non stick pan and cover with cold tap water. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of the meat. Remove the chicken and let cool. Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 12-cup mini-muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut corners off wonton wrappers to make an octagonal shape. Gently press wrapper down into each cup. Lightly spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Transfer the pans to the oven and bake until the wrappers are starting to turn golden brown and are crispy and bubbling, 10 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk tahini, soy or tamari, maple syrup and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the chicken and refrigerate until cold, 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir snow peas, carrot, shallots and herbs into chicken mixture. Divide chicken salad among wonton cups, about 2 scant tablespoons each. Garnish with sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately.