Savory Chicken Casserole
2 c cooked shredded chicken
1.5 c butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1/2 c coconut cream (skimmed off of the top of a can of coconut milk)
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1.25 c green peas (if using frozen, thaw prior to adding to recipe)
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. If you have not pre-prepared your chicken, place chicken in an additional pot of boiling water for 40 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and shred chicken using forks or a stand mixer.
2. Meanwhile, soften cubed and peeled butternut squash in a large pot of boiling water for approximately 40 minutes. Remove butternut squash from pot using a strainer and place in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash butternut squash to a smooth, but somewhat chunky texture.
2. Add apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme and onion powder to the mashed butternut squash and stir to combine.
3. Add coconut creme and oil, stirring to combine.
4. Stir in coconut oil, coconut creme, shredded chicken and green peas.
5. Place mixture in a large skillet and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes on medium heat.