- 2 large green zucchinis, spiralized into noodles or sliced into ribbons
- dollop of coconut oil
- 300 g / 0.6 lb raw king prawns (I used defrosted prawns from the freezer)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- ½ red sweet capsicum/bell pepper, finely diced
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ teaspoon chilli flakes or chilli pepper (less if you like it more mild)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1½ cup chopped tinned tomatoes/passata sauce
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan or aged cheddar (optional, nutritional flakes can be used if you avoid all dairy)
- freshly chopped parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
- Using a vegetable spiralizer or a peeler, cut zucchini into noodle ribbons. You can simply slice it as well. Set aside.
- Heat a dollop of coconut oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and pan fry for 2 minutes, stirring a few times. Remove to a bowl.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil to the pan. Add the diced onion and peppers, and sauté for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned and softened.
- Then add the salt, chilli and garlic and stir through. Pour in the the tomatoes and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes over medium heat, stirring a few times. You can add a little splash of water if the tomatoes start to dry up.
- Now add back the prawns and the zucchini noodles. Stir together for a minute or two, until well heated through and combined. The zucchini should soften slightly but not too much as it will start to give out juice and will turn soggy.
- Serve in bowls with some grated cheese, if you like, or some fresh chopped herbs.