- 1 head of kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel root
- 1 large bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped (whites and light green only)
- 1/2 cup ricotta, I like Kite Hill
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional to toast)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for massaging kale)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (for massaging into kale)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine kale, olive oil and lemon and massage kale thoroughly until completely wilted.
- Top with fennel, pear, green onion, ricotta and pecans.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients.
- Top salad with dressing to taste.