Notes: See recipe description for method to make this a “creamy” coleslaw. The version below is a vinegar based recipe (both are delicious!)
– 2 bags of pre-made coleslaw, about 453 g. total
(or 1 large cabbage, 2 medium carrots and 1 bell pepper, finely shredded/diced)
– 1/2 cup raw honey
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/3 cup light tasting olive oil
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
– 1/2 tsp. celery seed
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp.ground black pepper
– Large mixing bowl
– Stirring spoon
– Medium saucepan
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add dressing ingredients to the pan. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until chilled. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.