Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
• 2 bags shredded carrots
• 1 entire head of a large Napa Cabbage, chopped into thin strips
• ½ cup chopped cilantro
• 2 Tbs black sesame seeds
• 2 Tbs white sesame seeds
• ½ cup cashews (optional)
• 1 rotisserie chicken, torn into shreds
• ¼ cup Tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) or regular soy sauce
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 3 Tbs finely minced ginger (I peeled fresh ginger and used this hand held food processor to mince – You can also do it by hand but I find this process much faster and easier!)
• 3 Tbs olive oil
• 2 Tbs hoisin sauce (I like this brand best, you can usually find it in the Asian section at your grocery store)
• 1 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil
• 1 tsp Spicy Chili Oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
• 1 tsp Sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 5 chopped green onions, green and white parts
1. For the dressing: In a small mason jar with lid, add tamari, vinegar, minced ginger, olive oil, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, siracha, sea salt and chopped green onions. Secure the lid on top and shake vigorously. Set aside.
2. Next, put chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, sesame seeds, cashews, shredded chicken, and enough dressing to coat into a large plastic bag and shake vigorously until well incorporated. Adjust amount of dressing as needed.
3. Pour into bowls or onto plates and enjoy!!