1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
coconut oil, ghee or butter for frying
fruit for topping (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, mashed banana, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Preheat a pan or griddle on medium heat and coat with a layer of coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Pour, or spoon out about two tablespoons of batter to make small pancakes. (They are much easier to manage if you keep them small – You can use your spoon to spread them out a bit.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side. (I usually end up cooking them longer on the first side than the second.)