For the Korean BBQ Beef
- 2 lbs. top sirloin
- 2 pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 2-inch knob of ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the Burritos
- cooked rice
- cilantro, basil, green onions, maybe even mint if you’re bold
- sriracha mayo or yum yum sauce
- large flour tortillas
- KOREAN BBQ BEEF: Thinly slice the beef and pulse the pear, garlic, and ginger through a food processor. Put all the ingredients for the beef in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or until very tender and delicious.
- Prep all your burrito fillings (cook the rice, mince the herbs, prepare the sauce).
- Lay a flour tortilla flat on a piece of foil. Place the rice, meat, herbs, kimchi, and sauce in the middle of the tortilla. Fold the sides up, then roll it up front to back and wrap it with foil if you’re saving it for later. (We freeze these for easy dinners and lunches, and we also eat many of them immediately because they’re so darn good.)