- 2 slices bacon diced
- 2 bunches Lacinato kale (Italian) thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 bulb kohlrabi peeled and thinly sliced into ribbons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or more
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add deiced bacon; cook and stir until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from skillet.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from pan. Add kale and kohlrabi ribbons to hot grease; cook and stir just until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil. Crack eggs into hot oil and fry to desired doneness (I prefer sunny-side up).
- Remove kale mixture from heat and stir in bacon, lemon juice, mint, and fish sauce. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide kale mixture between two serving plates. Top each plate with fried egg and serve.