1 large cooked sweet potato (about 200g)
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
1 small Jalapeno finely diced
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
sides as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare the sweet potato by washing the outside well then slice horizontally into thick slices.
- Place the sweet potato on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl with jalapeno, cumin and garlic powder. Using your hands, break up the meat and mix the ingredients together.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place on the grill and cook 4 minutes then flip and cook another 4 minutes for a medium-well slider.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and sliders from the grill.
- Transfer to 2 meal prep containers and place 2 burgers in each one along with roasted sweet potato “buns” and your desired sides!