- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- optional:1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked prawns, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional:chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place prawns in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow prawns to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the prawns is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place prawns in the skillet. (Discard used marinade2.) Cook prawns on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip prawns over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until prawns is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve prawns with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.