Healthy Greek Yogurt and Honey Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk (you may use another fat percentage if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive OR coconut oil (if using coconut oil, be sure it is at room temperature)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, vanilla, eggs, honey, and oil.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, and using a spatula, fold until combined, being sure to mix just until all the flour disappears. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins, place pan in the oven, and bake for 18 minutes, reducing the heat to 375 degrees after 9 minutes of baking.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.