HARISSA ROASTED VEGETABLE BOWL
for the rice:
1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice (preferably brown)
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup currants
1/8 cup shredded coconut
two solid pinches of sea salt
for the roasted vegetables:
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 head of cauliflower
Harissa (I buy a brand locally that’s not offered, but if you have a rec that’s available online please give a shout in the comments!)
for the spinach:
5 cups spinach
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the rice:
– rinse rice and add to rice cooker
– add coconut milk, water, currants and salt
– let the rice cooker do it’s magic. when cooked, fluff with a fork.
For the roasted vegetables:
– Preheat over to 325 degrees
– Peel the sweet potato, chop all vegetables into 1″ pieces and toss in Harissa (adjust amount to your own taste preferences, and you can add a little more after roasting as well.
– Roast for 20-30 minutes, until vegetables are soft!
– Add salt (or not, depending on the brand of Harissa that you used- some have salt added, some do not), and additional Harissa if you’d like
– Give the vegetables a good squeeze of lime juice before serving
For the sauteed spinach:
– Thoroughly rinse and dry the spinach
– Add coconut oil to a non stick pan with crushed garlic, sauté for one minute over medium low heat
– Add spinach, mix with garlic oil and sautee until spinach is wilted.
– Season with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice
The avocado is amazing with a fresh squeeze of lime juice, a little sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper
If you have coconut yogurt or regular yogurt they a dipping sauce for the roasted vegetables could be made combining yogurt, lime juice, and salt, to taste.