• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 2 celery stalks, finely diced
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
• 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 cups water or vegetable broth
• Sea salt, to taste
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil and add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and broccoli and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
3. Place lid on the pot and simmer for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not too soft.
4. Stir in the kale and transfer into a blender until mixture becomes smooth.