- 4 (6 oz) pieces of cod (may substitute other firm white fish)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mirin, sweet cooking rice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, juice of approximately 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger root
- Optional: lime zest for garnish
- Pat the fish dry. Arrange on a plate then lightly sprinkle both sides with salt, set fish aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, combine the liquid ingredients with the grated ginger then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the fish to the pan top side down, cook for 2 minutes then flip.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook covered for 6-8 minutes until the fish is tender and flaky. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish. The fillets are cooked when the meat is no longer translucent in the center.