Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion & Garlic
• 6 slices bacon
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
• 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ⅛ teaspoon paprika
• Carrots optional
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy and cooked through.
2. Remove the bacon and place it on paper towels to drain. Chop into crumbles.
3. Stir garlic and onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
4. Now add the cabbage immediately and continue cooking for another ten minutes, or untill softened.
5. Add the bacon crumbles on top, ⅓ cup of water as needed to steam the cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
6. Stir to combine, lessen the flame and cook for another couple of minutes or until the liquid evaporates, and keep stirring at regular intervals.
7. Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
8. Note – do get some carrots in the mix, that just adds a little something extra to the dish.