Clean Eating Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrupor raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut (melted)or avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with liners or use silicone muffin tin (I used both and didn’t spray anything).
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs through salt and whisk well to combine, making sure baking powder and soda have dissolved. Add flour and stir gently to mix. Do not over mix. Add blueberries and give a few stirs.
- Using large ice cream scoop, fill 12 openings with batter. Bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool off completely.