• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound jumbo (or large) shrimp, peeled and de-veined
• 1/2 cup* chimichurri sauce
• 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, tightly packed (about 1 bunch of parsley)
• 1 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed (about 1 bunch of cilantro)
• 1/2 cup diced red onion
• 3 Tablespoons fresh oregano, tightly packed (optional)
• 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
• 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
• 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
• ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
• ½ cup good-quality olive oil
Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor, and pulse a few times until chopped. Slowly stream in the olive oil, while pulsing the mixture a few more times until the olive oil is combined, and stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through and no longer opaque. Stir in the chimichurri sauce, and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
Remove from heat and serve immediately.