Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 0.5″ pieces*
- 1 tbsp coconut oilor avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stalks removed & finely chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled & diced
- 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 large avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges**
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced (leave seeds in if you like heat)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped**
- Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions.
- In the meanwhile, preheat large non-stick skilleton medium – high heat and swirl oil to coat. Add chicken, chili powder and salt; cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables/fruits and get other ingredients ready. Make Cilantro Avocado Dressing.
- To serve, I like to place everything in a large baking dish for self-serve or divide evenly among 4 bowls and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy warm or cold.