Chicken in Creamy Green Onion Sauce
2 tablespoons = 30 g organic butter
4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves (approximately 170 g each)
1 whole organic green onion smile emoticon spring onion)
230 g full-fat sour cream (organic, if you can find)
1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) unrefined sea salt
1. Heat a large non stick pan over medium-high heat. Drop the butter on the non stick pan.
2. When the butter is melted and got a little bit of color, add the chicken breast halves.
3. Turn the heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for some 10 minutes.
4. While the chicken is simmering, chop the green onion. Use both the green and the white part.
5. Turn over the chicken breast halves, cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. The total cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat.
6. Add the chopped green onion. Stir, and let the onion cook for 1–2 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat. Add the salt and the sour cream. Mix well.
8. Cover and let stand on the stove top for 5 minutes. Mix well before serving.