Serves: 3 Servings
For the Marinade:
2 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
For the Chicken:
3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets ¼-inch thick
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and cilantro. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!