Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 2 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1/2 tbsp coconutor avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce (more to taste)*
- 3 oz blue cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used organic 4%)
- 1/4 tsp salt + a pinch
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head Romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 12 small corn tortillas (like organic Que Pasaor Food for Life)
- Preheat large skilleton medium-high heat, add butter + oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally and draining juices if necessary. Towards the end I reduce heat a bit and stir more frequently. Chicken should have nice golden brown crust and be cooked through.
- In the meanwhile, crumble blue cheese with a fork in a small bowl. Add yogurt, salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour cayenne pepper sauce over chicken in the skillet and stir to combine. Taste and adjust spiciness to your liking. My version is kid friendly.
- Warm up tortillas on a platter covered with damp towel in a microwave for a few seconds or use your method. To assemble a taco, lay tortilla on a plate and place desired amount of lettuce, carrots and chicken in the middle. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and enjoy warm.