- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 1″ pieces
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 tbsp honeyor maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce(or to taste)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Quinoa, cooked as per package instructions
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 cups broccoli florets (raw, frozen or cooked)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk tomato paste, honey or maple syrup, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Preheat large deep skilleton medium high heat, add chicken and sauce, and stir. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare quinoa as per package instructions.
- Remove lid, add broccoli and stir. Cover and cook for 3 – 4 minutes (raw broccoli), 2 – 3 minutes (frozen broccoli) or 1 minute (cooked broccoli). I like broccoli cooked but still crunchy. For well done vegetables increase cooking time by a few minutes. Serve hot over a bed of quinoa, garnished with green onions. Adjust hot sauce to taste. This recipe is mild.