For Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite sized pieces
- about 1 pound of broccoli, cut into small to medium florets* (I used two large crowns)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for the pan, optional)**
- ¼ cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)***
- 2 Tablespoons butter****
To make the Cauliflower Rice
- Cut cauliflower into medium to small sized florets, removing the green leaves and any tough stem.
- Working in batches, place florets into the food processor and don’t fill the bowl more than halfway. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice, about 20 pulses. Try not to over process or you will have cauliflower mash!
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender 5-8 minutes.
To make the Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli
- Heat a skillet or saute pan that has a lid over medium high heat. Add oil if using, and when hot add chicken. Season with just a little salt. allow to cook on one side until browned, then turn and brown the other side. Cook until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side.
- When chicken is cooked, add broccoli to the pan and cover. Allow to steam until tender 5-10 minutes. You can give the pan a stir a few times if you want to keep the chicken from browning too much. Broccoli is done when easily pierced with a knife and still bright green.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with the hot sauce and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli, toss to coat everything in the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or regular rice.