Broccolini, Turkey and Baby Potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 7 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced & divided
- 4 cups broccolini or broccoli, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/3 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground stir and transfer to a bowl
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey, extra lean
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, low sodium
- 4 cups baby potatoes, cut into even sizes
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 green onion sprigs, chopped
- Preheat dutch oven, large deep non stick pan or heavy bottom stainless steel pot on medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil, 5 garlic cloves and broccolini. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds or until garlic and broccolini get a nice char on each side. Add lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, stir and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Return the dutch oven to medium heat and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add 2 garlic cloves and onion. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ground turkey and cook for 5 more minutes, breaking meat into pieces with a spatula. Add soy sauce/tamari, potatoes, water and stir gently to combine. Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low-medium heat for 20 minutes. Check potatoes for readiness and if necessary cook a bit longer. Then add previously cooked broccolini and green onion. Stir gently and serve hot.