BLT Breakfast Salad With Soft Boiled Eggs & Avocado
Yield: 2 generous servings
- 1 bag of cruciferous greens blend
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl combine your cruciferous greens blend, onlon, tomato, sunflower seeds and chopped up crispy bacon.
- Place all of your salad dressing ingredients together in a mason jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake until the dressing has completely come together. Pour the dressing over your salad and work it into the leaves. Use your hands if necessary. Set the salad aside.
- Soft boil your eggs. I find that six minutes in boiling water tends to be my sweet spot for the perfect soft boiled egg. Once the eggs are done, peel them, slice them open and serve them on top of your salad with some avocado slices.