Blackened Chicken and Mango Salad with Avocado Cream Dressing
A healthy, flavorful, and filling salad with just the right amount of sweet fruit and spicy chicken!
For the Avocado Dressing
• 1 ripe California avocado
• 1 lime, zested and juiced
• 1 green onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled
• 1/4-1/2 cup coriander
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1 small jalapeno, seeded
For the Salad
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 chicken breast
• 1 Tablespoon blackened seasoning
• 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
• 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 cup sliced red onion
• 4 cups Spring Salad Mix
1. For the dressing, add all the ingredients except the water to a blender.
2. With the blender going, slowly drizzle in the water until a thick, creamy, consistency is reached. Set Aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan over medium-high heat.
4. Season both sides of the chicken breast with the blackened seasoning, making sure it is fully coated.
5. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until fully cooked through. Remove and let it rest for 3-4 minutes. Then slice it or cube it up.
6. TO make Two salads, Assemble, starting with the spring lettuce mix, the cubed mango, red onion, and grape tomatoes.
7. Place some chicken on top of each and drizzle on your desired amount of dressing!