ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD
• ¼ cup chopped green onions
• 2-3 cups shredded lettuce or slaw (I used raw grated brussel sprouts)
• ½ cup whole almonds, chopped
• 2 cups shredded carrots
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro
• 2 cups cooked, shelled edamame
• toasted sesame seeds (optional)
• 2 chicken breasts
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 piece minced ginger (about 1 tbs. for me)
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons 5 spice seasoning (can also sub other seasoning – I used part Garam Masala and part Cajun seasoning)
• 2 cups chow mein noodles (dry crunchy kind)
1. Toss all salad ingredients – green onions, lettuce, almonds, carrots, cilantro, edamame, and sesame seeds.
2. Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and seasoning. Marinate the chicken in the sauce for at least 1 hour. Bake chicken in the sauce at 400 degrees, for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through. When chicken is cooled, shred and add to the salad.
3. Toss with dressing of your choice and chow mein noodles just before serving.